Monday 2 June 2014

Nepal Revisited

"Home is where the heart is." Everyone probably knows this idiom and can relate to it.

The UK, especially London, is a very multicultural place with many people from different backgrounds living together. And of course, I am also one of those minorities. 

I am not sure if I have mentioned this before but I am originally from Nepal. 

Anyway, that's that. New thing is I treated myself with a new lens and external hard drive, expensive purchase I might add. So, I was transferring all my data and I came across these photos from 2012 when I visited Nepal. Thought I might share some of photos from then.

The first two photos are of my mum's house; in the village where I was born. 




These two photos below are of my dad's birth place. In my 25 years, I have been there only once (in 2012).  Due to lack of proper roads no transportation has been arranged here yet so the only viable option is the no. 11 bus; aka legs (a little joke there) but it is certainly no joke if you think about the struggle the native people there have to face on a daily basis. The nearest town centre is half a day's walk. 

It took us about 7 to 8 hours to get to this place from the town centre (countless uphills and downhills, climbing mountains and crossing rivers). Probably lost few Kgs off my body as well but it was definitely one of the epic adventures I've had in my life. 



Starting our journey at the crack of dawn:






This kid of probably around 7-8 years of age was carrying 30 Kgs of rice to his house in the terrain.
 








No comments:

Post a Comment